Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I don't get it? Oil barrel prices are plummeting and gas prices are skyrocketing... ?

So what gives? How do they relate to each other I mean?I don't get it? Oil barrel prices are plummeting and gas prices are skyrocketing... ?
I agree with ALBY, but why does a rise in price of the oil always have an immediate rise in the gas prices at the pump when we are using the refined reserves that were there already as a six month back stored supply?





As the oil price comes down (as we have seen recently)...the gas pump price comes down at a snail's pace....Gas prices rose steadily over the past two weeks due to ANTICIPATION of Hannah and IKE, before they hit the area...





I call it greed by the big oil companies!!!I don't get it? Oil barrel prices are plummeting and gas prices are skyrocketing... ?
Oil is a Primary Commodity. It comes straight from the ground and has a price in the market. Gasoline is a refined commodity and it has another price. You can have all the oil in the world, but if you cannot refine it into Gasoline, you can't use it. And when the Hurricane rolled through Houston, a lot of refineries were shutdown or damaged. So that would cause a shortage of gasoline in the market. As everybody knows from Econ101, a shortage in supply will lead to an increase in price. And that is why gasoline prices are rising and oil is falling.
I thinks it's because the oil prices are today's prices.


The gasoline we are buying is subject to the prices that the gas station purchase price plus taxes and the date of purchase.


25 miles from my house gas was 15 to 20 cents cheaper from almost a month.


Now it's only 10 cents cheaper.


They say it's because 25 miles way is a rural area.


Both towns are suburbs.


If you figure it out please let me know. :)
The refineries were down because of the hurricanes. If you can't refine the oil there will be a shortage of gasoline for your cars. It doesn't do any good no matter how cheap and plentiful the oil is if you can't refine it.
And it's pissing me off too.


Seems a lot of the refining capacity in this country is down arounf Houston, so despite the lower oil prices, the refined products are in short supply.



Why worry





I found how to pay Much Much less for gas By Just doing a Yahoo search for





';pay 1940 prices for gas Impossile';





and reading the sites that came up





I now pay an unbelievable price for my gas





And you will too

No comments:

Post a Comment