Monday, August 23, 2010

What good did conservation do? OPEC is lowering oil production, so gas prices will go up again.?

I know it helps the environment, but now I'm enjoying life less and will suffer from higher gas prices once again.





It's like a no-win situation.What good did conservation do? OPEC is lowering oil production, so gas prices will go up again.?
That's simple - the more you conserve, the less money you're giving to OPEC, and the less control they have over your wallet. Yeah they can always cause the price of oil to increase, but the less you use, the less that will effect you.





Personally I either bike or ride an electric moped to work. I use so little gas that if the price goes up $1/gallon, it only costs me an extra $20/month.What good did conservation do? OPEC is lowering oil production, so gas prices will go up again.?
As long as we refuse to understand that we IMPORT 70% of our oil OPEC will have complete control of our national economy.





Those that do not want to:





1. DRILL where the oil is on and off shore





2. Build nuclear power plants until 60-70% of our electric power comes from nuclear





3. Build thousands of on an off shore wind turbines- and solar and geothermal until over 20% comes from renewable sources-





We will be slaves to the despots and dictators that control the world petroleum market.
Don't worry about OPEC. Do what is best for you without the government leading the way. Honda makes a $20,000 natural gas Civic. You can buy that and fuel it from your home's gas lines for about the equivalent of $2 a gallon. Or you can run a diesel vehicle off of vegetable oil. Ride your bike. Buy a small car. Whatever floats your boat. Just do what's best for you without thinking about OPEC or the government.
Exactly. This is why we need to get off of foreign energy supplies. I don't really care how we do it, do you?! Using our own supplies, figuring out new sources, it really doesn't matter to me. What I don't appreciate is this system that has been set up that chokes the life out of my monthly budget, and who can I blame? The Saudis? Venezuela? I'm tired of being beholden to these dictators, and I'm tired of our leaders not taking any responsibility, or coming up with any answers that would make a difference.
Nope.





They're lowering production due to reduced demand and lower prices.





The oil they suck out of the ground needs someplace to go, if inventories are filling up, they need to turn down the tap a little.





My current prediction on oil prices is lower than $80/bbl. (how much I can't say. $60 would not surprise me, but I'll be happy with less than $100 for a while.)
Welcome to the era of big oil.
  • soft lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment